Wednesday 23 October 2013

Makeup/Hair ideas

I am currently researching clothing/model/makeup and hair styles that I would like to use as a template for when I am taking pictures of my model(s). I have carefully selected pictures of models/icons within the 'Indie' 'celeb' world.

Alexa Chung
I like this image of Alexa Chung mainly because of the makeup. I think she looks very sophisticated and pretty unique. The bold red lip is very simple but also creates a huge effect when you look at it. The stereotypical makeup worn by a female artist within the indie industry is very natural; usually they are seen wearing the winged eyeliner with a pale face and a bold lip. I would like to incorporate this and use it when applying my models makeup. So after looking at this image I have chosen to copy (slightly change) this bold lip.
 
Kate moss
                                     
I like these two images of Kate Moss. I searched 'Kate Moss hairstyles' into Google and this was the best image. I am, at the moment, un-decided which I prefer, I am edging more so to the right image, purely because it may be difficult to use the left, as my model may not have a fringe already cut in. 

Laura Whitmore
I have chose to add this basically for the fact that I like the way this has been taken, this is a Mid-shot. It looks very professional. I also like that the model herself looks pretty comfortable with what she is wearing, the dress fits with my genre; plain but with a little bit of edge to it. There is nothing surrounding the model, which I like because it means that you only focus on her. 

 Lily Collins


And finally I have this image of Lily Collins. I like the makeup that she is wearing. It's not too much, but it is obvious that she is wearing something. It's a very natural look. I think that I will use this eye makeup on my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment